Writing For SEO
Many business owners really miss out on a great opportunity, they don’t know how to write a good seo blog post or article. They spend a lot of time churning out great stuff, but don’t get as much juice from them as they could.
There is a bit of debate about what is better: writing for the search engines (search engine optimizing your articles) or for readers. I say, why not do both?
You can use your articles to not only inform your readers and provide them with valuable info. You can also get the added benefit of using your articles to drive free search engine traffic. Increase the amount of free organic traffic you drive to your website.
Of course you need to make sure that you don’t go too far into the seo realm so that your articles are stuffed with keywords and are basically unreadable for your readers.
In order to get the best of both worlds your first step will be to identify those keywords that drive a lot of visitors and don’t have very high competition.
- Make sure you consider keywords that are related to your niche but may not be the most popular searched for keyword. Try to get creative and don’t hesitate to use the free keyword tools online to expand your list even further.
2. Now that you’ve got your keyword list, it’s time to start writing your seo article. You don’t have to stuff the article with keywords to get a great benefit. As a matter of fact, if you put in too many keywords it can actually hurt you. Your article must read naturally.
3. The first place to put your keyword is in the title of your article. That is the first thing the search engines will see.
4. After the title you will wan to include your keywords a few times in the article body. How many times is enough, Well that depends on the length of your article but a good rule of thumb is to include it in the first paragraph, the last paragraph and once or twice more. Try to strive for a keyword density of no more than 3%.
5. While there is some debate on the best article length, you must have at least 250 words. I personally don’t go much higher than 500. That is a good range because it provides a lot of information without becoming too long and boring to read.
6. If you are writing articles to drive traffic to your website as well as provide your readers with good information, than remember it is a numbers game. The more quality, keyword focused articles you get in circulation the more traffic you will get.
Many of these keyword optimized articles can continue to drive traffic for months or even years to come. That’s a big bang for your time and well worth it.
You don’t have to choose between writing an article for your readers and writing for the search engines, you can do both with one article. Use your keywords properly and you can get both benefits from just one seo article.
See what I did there? 🙂