Blogging is a Marketing Tool
Blogging started in late 90s. It used to be an opportunity for visitors and readers to react or voice out one’s opinion on a webpage. What started as a single-paragraph commentary has evolved into pages of personal opinion on just about anything and everything under the sun. As it continues to move forward, online advertising has tapped into the blog’s potential. Here are 6 reasons why you should use blogging as an Internet marketing tool.
1.Blogging is so simple.
The easiest way to get your words on the net is through blogging. No skills are necessary… an average adult can read and type, or at least click a mouse. It’s like having a virtual piece of paper on which you just write your ideas, experiences, new products. You hope that the truth behind your articles comes out and inspires your reader to try your product. If you have a laptop and an Internet connection (who doesn’t?) then you can blog and advertise.
2. Blogging is real.
In this day and age where advertising saturates our lives, we question the credibility of marketers’ claims. However, in blogs, real people share their life experiences. We begin to see the man or woman instead of the logo in front of them. Reading blogs about first-hand product use is like talking to people about their first-hand experience. You definitely want to buy a tried and tested product.
3. Blogging is free.
There’s a good one. While it costs money to set up a professional blog, it’s not much. However, many platforms offer free versions of their blogging tool. Plus, it costs nothing to write and post a blog, even if you have paid to set it up. Most companies see the blog as something to augment current marketing tools and thus offer it for free to the reader as well. Any opportunity for free webtime is definitely a bonus especially to businesses that are starting up. Needless to say, blog articles can generate more interest for your seriously growing business.
4. Blogging builds credibility.
As you get more and more into writing your experiences on a particular product or industry, your readers begin to realize that they can depend on your posts for their own information needs. More readers visit your site and more bloggers link to your blogs. As companies notice the growth of your readership, they may soon get in touch with you for advertising on your blog, or make you an affiliate, which pays for every referral generated.
5. Blogging doesn’t have rules.
There are so many ways that you can make the blog unique. It can be easily tweaked to match your personal flair as well as your company’s image. I almost titled this paragraph as Blogging is Fun, but I think it is fun for exactly this reason. Make it unique. That can be fun.
6. Blogging builds up your market.
Unless you are a movie star, chances are, only your Mom reads your posts. Mom has a lot of friends, so she lets her friends know how interesting your blog site is. But you need not depend on Mom to increase your readership base. Look into the following ways to build your market through blogging:
- Use your e-mail. Let them explore your site by using a short e-mail message as teaser to your blog site. If your e-mail is on an entirely different subject, use your e-mail signature to give a link to the site.
- Gather subscriptions. An easy way to get your readers e-mail is to give them an opportunity to subscribe to your blog. Keep some exclusive information for your subscribers to entice readers to subscribe and give their e-mail address.
- Understand your readers. Conduct a simple survey for your readers to understand their profile and advertising preferences. Ask consumers to give you feedback on a post, an ad link, or a trial that you shared.
- Join a blog network –A network of blogs maybe a collection of blog sites that share the same industry, interest, readership base, payment mode, etc. Clearly, more bloggers are better than one. Often there are Facebook groups that allow you to share your blog posts.
- Use RSS. Having RSS feeds to your blog is definitely another means of generating awareness for your readership base. WordPress, and many other platforms allow RSS naturally.
Give your business a boost by using the power and flexibility of blogging as an Internet marketing tool.
Get This FREE Guide!
"Get The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Merging Faith In Your Marriage!"
Enter your email and let us know where we can send your free copy!